Wednesday, February 12, 2014

what's cookin'

I've been making an effort lately to cook more on the weekends, to save both money and calories. Usually, I'm good with cooking dinner throughout the week and then the weekend hits and all I want to do is eat all the Thai takeout in the world. Being snowed in the past five days (Oregon doesn't understand how snow works and everything shuts down), means I've basically had to cook all weekend and keep to my resolution. Here are some of the recipes I've made over the past week:

{via}

  • Sticky & sweet pomegranate chicken I altered this recipe basically beyond recognition but I liked the idea of braising chicken in pomegranate juice. I added more soy sauce and some sambal oelek (which I add to too many things and never regret) and it was a perfect combo of tangy and spicy.
  • Stir-fried noodles with ginger garlic sauce So easy and HOW is it SO good?! This was perfect for one of those staying-too-late-at-work days, with a ton of veggies added.
  • Chipotle tomato soup Another super easy and surprisingly good recipe. Basically, tomato soup with chipotles added. I know Rachael Ray is an acquired taste, but I've yet to make any of her recipes and not love the results.
  • Cookie dough dip If it's cookie dough flavored, I WILL MAKE IT. And eat it too fast. This dip was delicious albeit super rich, and I ended up later using it as frosting for...
  • Brown sugar cupcakes with peanut butter frosting Super yummy, and not nearly as sweet as expected given the name. It should be known that I also made the peanut butter frosting (a girl's gotta have options) and it was everything I hoped for and more and I ended up eating it with a spoon. Yeah.




No comments:

Post a Comment